Agreed again Jack, Ddzx has a similar post on another thread...

1. 24,397 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8
    Agreed again Jack,

Ddzx has a similar post on another thread today so I'll supply an updated version of my other reply.

I haven't seen the show but can completely accept the facts outlined in the programme. We can't go back but I did (& do) support the "sorry" sentiment expressed by the past PM (KR). So, what outcome do you want??

I have read of and readily accept the historical evidence of suffering and abuse of Aboriginals post white settlement. However, I struggle with the venomous use of "invasion" to describe what I learnt to be one of many conquerings of people in Australia. I recall discussions of Mungo Man as an early inhabitant and that another group came down from Indonesia some 40,000 years ago, overtook, subjugated and assimilated with the prior inhabitants to then become what was back then called the "Modern Aborigine".

Why do we argue which group was here first? Ddzx, playing an "invasion" card by anyone doesn't help IMHO.

So, am I mistaken in my memory of past learnings of multiple invasions? Has it been proven or debunked since then (1960's)? Anyway, can't we just acknowledge the melting pot we have (as I suspect all continents do) and just work to help the disadvantaged?

I'm more than happy for my taxes to support efforts to eradicate disadvantage. If anyone wants to simply label me racist & say nothing else, so be it.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.