SDL 0.00% 0.6¢ sundance resources limited

Why not? The chinese were dumping US dollars at massive loses....

1. Gus
    219 Posts.
    Why not? The chinese were dumping US dollars at massive loses. According to the business insider report,the chinese bought and paid hefty premium for US treasuries and dumped it on the market at massive loses once they started to lose confidence on its asset class. They are very opportunistic, dont mind the loses and will be more than willing to move their investment to a better class of asset instantly.

http://au.businessinsider.com/china-is-unloading-us-dollars-rapidly-2009-12?op=1#short-term-treasury-obligations-nose-dived-in-late-2008-1

They also paid premium and lost hundreds millions of dollars in several investments previously.

and i quote Sydney morning herald
    "....The game has changed,there is not a mad scramble and there's no shortage of undeveloped iron ore deposits and it's a question now of who is prepared to take the risk in terms of not only the mine itself but the infrastructure, the funding, the fiscal regime and so on. Mr Schroeders said there were far more developed iron ore assets in developed nations on the market at the moment - such as Rio Tinto's Canadian iron ore assets - which would be easier to manage than Sundance's greenfield Mbalam project".

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SDL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.