EMP 0.00% 0.9¢ emperor energy limited

shooting up to over 10 cents within 4 weeks ?, page-58

1. 6,768 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1646
    Don't get me wrong. I think the Derby block is one of the most prospective areas in Australia and I agree its likely to have a big 2014. Am abit intrigued by Backreef Oil PL (not the Backreef prospect owned by OBL).
    Backreef Oil PL appears to be controlled by David Archibald who is a rather mysterious character from what I can gather.
    Backreef Oil PL has been served notices of default by Oil Basins but I haven't found anything to indicate that the dispute has been resolved. As you rightly point out, OBL has been paying the costs of the Derby appeal as well as permit expenses so Backreef Oil PL must owe OBL quite an amount of money.
    There was a proposal to list the Backreef Oil PL lists via Yeeda Oil NL but that entity has been liquidated according to ASIC's website so that won't be happening. Looks to me like OBL need to cut a deal to take out Backreef, recover their costs and give themselves a substantial position from which they can talk to incoming majors (like BHP, WPL, Apache, BG Group, etc) about cutting them in. Anyone coming in would want a big % so they need to be able to lay it out in a clean format. Am a big OXX fan as everyone knows, am smiling at GA, very few know how to deal themselves into dynamic positions in O&G like he does.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EMP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.9¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $3.451M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 694995 0.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.9¢ 1829321 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 31/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
EMP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.