This is the repies I received from Westfarmers and NAB, after I...

1. 133 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    This is the repies I received from Westfarmers and NAB, after I sent them a message asking why they were supporting the racist Voice.
    I also told them their job is to increase shareholder wealth.

WES

Thank you for your recent email to Wesfarmers about oursupport of the proposal to establish an Indigenous Voice. As the executiveresponsible for corporate affairs, I appreciate you taking the time to email usand wanted to offer some context for the decision.

At Wesfarmers, we’ve long been committed to reconciliation,and we work hard to ensure our businesses are places where Aboriginal andTorres Strait Islander people feel welcome as employees, customers, suppliersand visitors – knowing that inclusive organisations are more likely to succeed,over the long term. Wesfarmers is proud to employ around 4,000 IndigenousAustralians, and our businesses learn a lot from listening to them – and allteam members – when thinking about how to improve. Wesfarmers’ views around theVoice are in part influenced by experience, operating businesses – alwayslearning how to improve, where things could be better, by listening to teams.Wesfarmers sees the proposal as an important step in the broader reconciliationprocess, and expect insight delivered by the Voice to support improved outcomesfor Indigenous people which will, in turn, offer our businesses opportunitiesto continue to succeed in communities across Australia, over the long term.

Ultimately, the Australian peoplewill have an opportunity to vote in the referendum, and we know there will bediverse views, but appreciate you taking the time to contact us.

NAB

Thank you for your email. As Executive, Sustainability I'm responding to you on NAB's behalf.

NAB identifies what social issues it is involved in based on what is most critical to our business and stakeholders, including our shareholders. By continually engaging with our wide range of stakeholders we can understand what is expected of us, identify issues, and discover opportunities to serve customers well and help our communities prosper. In our 2022Annual Report (page 22-23) we detail the various stakeholders groups, the ways in which we engage with them and their issues of interest. This includes detail on our annual materiality assessment process, which helps us identify the important environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues that shape our business and impact our community.

NAB has a key role to play in supporting all customers, colleagues and the community to listen, understand and create an environment that empowers our Indigenous colleagues, customers and community to succeed.

NAB makes public commitments about action we will take through our Reconciliation Action Plan. Our vision for reconciliation is to support the economic advancement and financial aspirations of Indigenous people. Serving Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander customers well and helping those communities to prosper involves supporting priorities and needs as identified by First Nations peoples.

The NAB Board and Executive Leadership Team were unanimous last year in supporting constitutional recognition of Indigenous people. We have made this support known publicly and inside the organisation. As you would be well aware, any bank is central to many elements of the economy and we certainly feel we can do a better job supporting the ambitions and progress of First Nations people.

We want people to be informed of the issues around the referendum, while being determined to avoid suggesting to anyone how to vote when the time comes. I am happy to provide more information on our position if that is useful.

Warm regards,

No Doubt they are the same letters that anyone who complains will receive.

Vote NO

AMP, ANZ, BEN, BHP, BOQ, BSL, CBA, COL, IAG, JHG, MPL, NAB, NHF, S32, TLS, WBC, WDS, WES
    Last edited by Robboj: 06/07/23

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.