NST 1.86% $13.71 northern star resources ltd

Shopping opportunity ?

1. 523 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 182
    So while Gold gets smashed trough yet another support line and the Short interest at the Comex are at record highs:

http://www.silverdoctors.com/record-goldsilver-shorting/

The US-Mint has run out of silver for the second time in just a few months, but the real massacre just happens in the mining sector. The GDX (bigger miners) and GDXJ (smaller miners) already lost over 4 % on Friday (as if somebody knew what was coming) and are down over 7 % or 6% at the moment.(market opening phase in the US)
    All the mining companies sitting on high costs and/or high debt (many of them) have a huge problem at their hands. If this price manipulation downwards drags on for some time many face insolvency, because the current metal prices are just not enough to cover expenditures.

Well good for the companies who enjoy healthy margins, a bank account full of cash and no debt like Northern Star.
    While the current situation is not very nice for our share price, i think the companies with sound balance sheets will probably soon have the opportunity to buy assets for literally pennies on the dollar.
    That is one (of several) very positive aspects of NSTs current situation. If this continues, there will be tremendous shopping opportunities. And like BB recently said, NST will consider buying other assets only if the price tag is low enough. Well it looks like he may get other chances.

Just a few weeks ago people where comparing EVN with NST and discussing which one was the company with better future prospects. Well right now i am glad, that my money is on the company with Zero debt, because if this climate for the precious metals drags on much longer, there will be few survivors in the sector and NST will be one of them.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NST (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$13.71
Change
0.250(1.86%)
Mkt cap ! $15.75B
Open High Low Value Volume
$13.76 $13.82 $13.57 $108.5M 7.907M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 110631 $13.70

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$13.71 48528 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NST (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.