PNV 3.51% $2.51 polynovo limited

It is indeed a highly shorted stock, however the director buying...

1. 6,868 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 606
    It is indeed a highly shorted stock, however the director buying $200k - $300K worth of shares over and over would suggest that maybe he knows just a tad more than the shorters do, have you ever heard of a short squeeze? when they pop they pop hard. Not sure if you remember GXY which was one of the most shorted Lithium players of all time that eventually squeezed and popped.

There are no guarantees either way, however last time I followed a stock like this there was a take over at a large premium in the end and was very rewarding.

Chart tells me there was a double bottom, and a bullish flag still in progress, increased volumes on the bottom are indicative of strong support where the bulls out performed the bears. The flag is a consolidation of a big bullish move, hopefully breaks to the upside and that is where the shorters will have to cover their positions or get burnt.

On the other hand the flag might fail, however indications in my personal view that is quite slim. Fundamentally strong and growing, the half yearly reported that profit was up NPAT +1.62m 1H22 compared to -3.54m 1H21.

I do understand the concern re the shorters, but my guess is they see the company as overvalued and lacking the vision

THE CHART:
    I have provided two charts, the white chart is a 3yr weekly chart, identifying the risk / reward a trader might consider potential of 3 targets. The black chart is the daily, where you can see that I have identified support as the double bottom and the bullish flag formation. Now of course price action may never reach any of the targets or may blow through all 3 or be a dismal failure altogether. Risk vs Reward is what I favor here, I believe the reward far out ways the risk for reasons mentioned above. Anyway that is my two bobs worth, good luck with whatever you are trading.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4381/4381760-3aa8029b4b764a5d1d6e261b2bb213fb.jpg

Last edited by kipper57: 28/05/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PNV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.51
Change
0.085(3.51%)
Mkt cap ! $1.723B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.50 $2.53 $2.43 $3.557M 1.426M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
34 14249 $2.50

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.51 10550 16
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.10pm 12/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PNV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.