PNV 0.41% $2.45 polynovo limited

hey Puzzled ive worked in sales before for like 15 years. if the...

1. 523 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 57
    hey Puzzled ive worked in sales before for like 15 years. if the company is 5-10 people they can double in a year, but doubling a salesforce in a year at polynovos size wouldnt be conceivable imho.
    its a tight labour market in many countries and companues want the best people working for them. especially when they have the best product. i used to work in IT and youd have the good vendors like microsoft and amazon aws wanting really good people and they grind them to the hone but pay very well. then there is the lower tier vendors like an ibm or oracle still very big and pay well but not a google or microsoft or adobe; then smaller mid tier vendors that are say challengers in the magic quadrants for their technology. say there is salesforce leading the way in CRM applications but there are smaller emerging vendors too in the crm space and they wont attract the gun candidates as they cannot compete with the bugger vendors; often ipo shares might be offered to entice them over or a chance to become mangement. id say at this stage polynovo are still a challenger in terms of their size compared to Integra but they have a cheaper more superior product. so id say very soon they will be in the magic wuadrant so to speak for wound care, for burn care, for diabetic ulcers... the magic quadrant sort of looks at all the dapabilites of a company; how many customers they have, their ability to execute, is their produxt market leading etc.. whats their supoort like, whats their vision like ...
    going back to hiring if they have 100-140 employees now which i think they do; a good chunk of that would be sales; maybe 70-80 reps so if they grow by 35-40 reps next year thats a lot. thats hiring 20 new reps in the US, 2 in ANZ, 8 for europe, leaving 10 for rest of world as needed. each rep takes min 3-4 months ramp up and selling by 6 months and ramped up by 9 hopefully with a few sales. they may get lucky too and hire some senior ish sakes fuys who have established rahips and can being business over more quickly, say if they started posching from Integra (which they arent now probably because those sales reps earn too much there as a base salary). to hive you an idea as a junior account exec with IBM i started on a 120 base, with commissions, but after a few years and with a different vendor my base was 165. some vendors only pay so much. and money isnt everything either.
    but if they land a 44 million year this FY (thats 14 milliong in Q4) they will achieve a 55% growth rate. existing reps will get better at selling, some wont make the cut and be fired, some promoted and then backfilled, as well as the new hires. so i think 40 new reps next year is doable but might be a stretch. if each new rep carries a 1 million target, they might have a ramp up period though,, that might generate another 20 million in sales say next year,give or take and there is the 40% yoy growth plus growth with existing team

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PNV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.45
Change
0.010(0.41%)
Mkt cap ! $1.691B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.45 $2.51 $2.43 $5.243M 2.122M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 35541 $2.45

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.46 2681 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PNV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.