NMT 2.00% 9.8¢ neometals ltd

Short activity, page-110

1. 13,624 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4845
    There is no way of knowing when a short position will be covered and fully closed.

It has and continues to be a slow and steady growth of the position - although not yet at high levels - 3.4% makes it 85th highest short position on the ASX:
    https://www.shortman.com.au/top
    So it is significant. Moreso in what its growth does to daily trading and the current SP.

Shorters believe that the current SP is "too high" and believe they will be able to buy back lower than where it is at.
    Of course, shorters are no wiser than longs. And they will also be busy every day skimming profits from buying and selling.

A major re-rate which moves the SP up permanently will generally put an end to it.

I am surprised they are shorting NMT as it has multiple big catalysts that could occur at any given time. My assumption is they are relying on the time scales for most of Neometals projects. So it would take an unexpected deal to alter that.

At 3.4% of SOI it has become of the size that would be difficult to close quickly.

Just my opinions.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NMT (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.