short ban on german stocks

1. 26,629 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 661
    Again we see a country banning shorting. The question must be asked why they need to ban it, unless there is negative consequences for having shorting in the first place.

If any stock is targeted enough it can be sold down to oblivian just about. its not about actually investing its just who has the most money, which side they want to play.

I have argued this before , there is no need for shorting at all, i think its morally wrong.
    I keep getting thrown back it makes liquidity...
    What would happen if there was no shorting. People would buy and sell what they actually have. Like every other commodity in the world, shorting is for greed imo.
    If they dont like a stock dont buy it, if they already own the stock and dont like it then sell. It is much harder to sell what you own , than selling something you dont own or have ownership off.
    I will think twice before I sell, do my research , see if the company has potential to rebound back if something has happened, its not correct to have investment artifially sold down by non holders who have no interest in the company at all, only their own greed.

Why do we need liquidity?? So the asx etc can generate more funds, so the fund managers can kill the retail share holders, remember the fees paid to borrow stock is not credited to your super fund (that they borrowed it from) it goes as managemnet fees .

we get screwed everytime

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.