short ban on german stocks, page-11

1. 18,267 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 176
    Hi Tony
    I don't quite understand what you're trying to say, but remembered the late 80s where Soros' Quantum Fund's shorted first the Italian Lira and then the British Pound. I recently heard an Englishman (sorry do not remember the name) say on TV that that billion Dollar stint by Soros 'robbed' each British Citizen of thousands of Pounds. I am assuming he was talking about the reduced buying power of the British Pound, due to a de-valued currency. Soros must have had some guilt feelings, because he went into a depressive stage in the early 90s and shortly afterwards made a decision to become a philantropist and he has been true to his word. Soros also has changed his mind about shorting, I remember reading somewhere. As one poster here pointed out, it can be used as financial warfare.

Are you saying the 'shorter' (Quantum Fund) in this instance simply performed a quick surgical operation on those currencies, instead of allowing a longer process of either decay or healing of the unstable currencies? And is that a good thing?

Cheers

Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.