RMS 1.90% $2.14 ramelius resources limited

Short/medium term outlook, page-6

1. 12,261 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3833
    "I think it shows the market follows the cold hard cash, and in terms of cash generation RMS is now not really ahead of their peers."

Who do you think are RMS's peers?

You can invest in NST, EVN, RSG, RRL, AQG etc. I hold some of these companies as well but they are NOT RMS's peers.

RMS's peers are the dog stocks BLK, RED, MOY, DRM, TRY etc and SLR which I don't put in the dog category.

If you're investing in gold companies by numbers you can only go so far as the numbers will often let you down. A bit like painting by numbers, the beauty of the result will never exceed the pattern and the colours you started with, in fact you'll find that when you paint by numbers the result will often be very disappointing (not something that will ever hang in a gallery).

You don't seem to understand how hard this business actually is sitting back in Germany. Come and work one day in the hot Australian sun in the middle of some scrub thousands of kms away from the comforts of a city and you'll soon be looking at this industry with a brand new perspective. As I've tried to explain there are intangible assets you don't get through the balance sheet or AISC numbers. The experience RMS is gaining at the moment is invaluable, exploring and mining multiple deposits of diverse geological style through both open pit and underground methods. The speed at which they've managed to get so many projects through environmental approvals, mining approvals etc is amazing and the way they've balanced production from all these mines through the one processing plant and stayed close to guidance for many years is impressive. These skills are also what I'm investing in. Many of the other dog stocks I've listed above have been badly managed and they have been wealth destroyers for their shareholders. All talk, hot air and a cash cow for the directors and managers who have driven them into the ground. I'm invested in RMS for a bit of diversity as I believe they have all the attributes to become a more successful company in the future and to grow as time passes. You've also got to understand that their aren't many good gold assets left in Australia, it's not like you can just walk up and find/buy yourself a turn key deposit with a 10 year mine life that you can just mindlessly sit on top of and mine for great profits with no hiccups. The pool of viable assets is shrinking. Mt Magnet is far more viable than the current mine reserves would lead the market to believe. Just look at what they are turning up under the Shannon open pit for example.

Frankly your analysis is tiring to read and its conclusions might be OK in some text book world of gold investing. What has struck me in the last few years is just how difficult it is to compare all these gold miners. You'd think it would be easy like painting by numbers but it definitely is not. The cash RMS holds gives them optionality which their peers absolutely don't have (hopefully they use it very wisely). If you are lumping RMS in with NST or EVN or any large gold miner you are looking at the industry in the wrong way. Compare RMS with the dog stocks above by all means but don't confuse apples and oranges.

You seem to drop by once and a while to try and diminish this company. Maybe you should deconstruct the reasons BLK and RED are such disasters and learn from those experiences, rather than come here professing the reasons why you think this company is such a bad investment. Esh

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RMS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.