RMS 3.01% $1.94 ramelius resources limited

I am in Finland not Germany. I have been in the WA desert,...

1. 661 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 69
    I am in Finland not Germany. I have been in the WA desert, around Mt Keith to see where my father once worked as a geologist, and you are right I didn't like it was hot and the mountains were invisible and unclimbable compared to NZ.

RMS is an Australian gold producer, that is its peer group to an international investor or fund. Maybe small cap distinguished, but still a gold producer that can be valued on a cash flow and valuation basis. How much money do they earn for each share you buy, and how much will this increase in the next 12 months or so? Companies with good management and good resources are likely to make more money. But if they are good managers it then they should already be making good returns for their investors, or about to fix something that will make them more money. Maybe that is factored into the price already, it won't keep on going up forever unless earnings increase in proportion. A smaller company is even expected to earn a higher rate of return than a large cap like EVN as you say because of the risk.

Do you propose that investing in RMS is fundamentally better than investing in NST, EVN so that RMS can be a better investment if it is going to make less cash return per market cap and yet increase more in share price? Do you honestly believe that the punters on the market reward 'hard yards' or a 'little Aussie battler'? A gold producer needs to make more money, not more promises. Do you buy a stock to for the privilege of owning it or do you expect to make money? Not just increase in the share price, but to increase share price by a higher % than any other company you could invest in for a year?

Good managers look at all the details you mention in running the mine, that is their job to know. The investor needs only to know if the management is good at their job, based on their past performance and job history and the quality and honesty of their reports. Yes gold mining is hard work, but share investing is also hard, you not only need to find good investments but you need to find them sooner and cheaper than other investors, and you need to know when it is good to sell and look elsewhere.

I am a well educated and experienced research physicist who now prefers to be home with my kids and use investing investing for my monthly income. (and unlike Australia I pay 33% tax on every cent of capital gain I earn from investments) I see investing is hard work and while everyone tells you what to buy, hardly anyone cautions when to think about selling. So I try and help out, I never say anything I am not doing myself. Yes you can see I post on other stocks CVN, BLK, RED, RSG, mostly when I think there is a caution or a good time to sell, and occasionally value to be bought. Anyone can check my record, and spot my mistakes. Cautions and sell recommendations for RMS at the start of the year were not one of mistakes.

I have admitted since this morning that I was wrong when I went over the valuation arguments again, RMS may be a bit undervalued now, and has once again gained downtrodden status that would warrant a bounce. If nothing changed I would likely advocate a sell again pushing over 50c. I can be happy if it keeps up this for years if it wants to I can make nearly 50% each cycle. I will look to some chart technicals and see when I think RMS breaks its downtrend, it is on the line now. Just need to find something to sell, RED being a fine candidate since it is somehow creeping back up to my 50c sell order.

The fact that RED is going up while RMS languishes is a market absurdity, suspicious with the capital raising due... but I am not going to be caught on that one. You will see I post bad things about RED too even though I hold and want to sell. BLK I still give them a chance to things out in the current quarter, but largely posted bad things about them each previous quarter. CVN I own now and preach caution, but was one of the few to argue against the masses to sell after the news of their first big phoenix strike and sell into all the news since then until there is a road map to production. SBM has had some wild words from me at times but they still make plenty of cash return, running out of steam a bit on the technicals now though. EVN and NST are fine and growing and big enough to catch the full ride up with AUD gold so there you see I don't say much or even read. You can guess from my posts the two other stocks I work.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RMS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.94
Change
-0.060(3.01%)
Mkt cap ! $2.214B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.96 $2.00 $1.94 $5.181M 2.651M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 69014 $1.94

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.95 3271 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 25/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RMS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.