PAX 0.00% 1.2¢ panax geothermal limited

short -mid term price expectations, page-23

1. 8,839 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 408
    Yep

http://www.panaxgeothermal.com.au/docs/20110608%20Dairi%20Prima.pdf (2011 but still worth a read)

"The region has one operating geothermal power plant at the
    Sibayak geothermal field and two neighbouring fields, operated operated by PT Pertamina Geothermal;

• This is the most advanced geothermal geothermal field in the region field in the region with established geothermal
    reserves and 10 existing production wells;

• The field is regarded as being under utilised and discussions are well advanced regarding the the joint development of spare joint development of spare capacity of the Sibayak geothermal reserves to supply the Dairi Prima mine."

Also note that:

"Total costs of generation, inclusive of capital, operating
    costs and finance, are about US$45 per megawatt hour."

Costs are always talked in these terms - including opex, capex and finance.

I assumed that finance is provided by the big international banks who have a mandate to help projects in 'developing' countries.....rates would be at LIBOR + a (low) margin presumably - and standard for deals across the sector.

The dollars involved here are small in the scheme of things - I would have thought with the new regime (as per that Baker & McKenzie piece) the guarantee effectively from the Government would give financiers massive comfort?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PAX (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.