MSB 1.02% 99.0¢ mesoblast limited

Short position- MSB 3rd most heavily shorted ASX o share, page-28

1. 274 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 103
    I've seen where in the case of GameStop the squeeze was not a simple short squeeze but as you noted a reaction to options activity where little guys and probably some big guys along for the ride we're purchasing call contracts which were provided by the market makers who in turn were required to acquire shares as normal risk management practice. the shares of course were scarce due to the heavy short positions and that combination of high demand and short supply drove prices up exponentially and quickly. something called a gamma squeeze resulted in the derivatives pricing. from what I gather the derivative positions were short duration weekly positions forcing the issue of risk management to be executed in a limited time frame.

so the whole issue is going to be addressed in some way both through regulatory actions as well as allowed restrictions being applied within the industry, some of these already in effect.

the power of internet enabled light speed information distribution is in the spotlight. in this case it was a particular stock. in the future it could make targeting particular banks for a "bank run" possible. interesting times.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
99.0¢
Change
0.010(1.02%)
Mkt cap ! $1.130B
Open High Low Value Volume
99.5¢ $1.02 98.5¢ $5.507M 5.501M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 9996 99.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
99.5¢ 18069 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.