MSB 1.02% 99.0¢ mesoblast limited

Short position- MSB 3rd most heavily shorted ASX o share, page-29

1. 371 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 792
    Well thank you for the explanation @Nazgouhl and @tradertrish .. For some that information would be like a shark smelling a few drops of blood in the water in the current frenzy.

The old expression knowledge is power comes to the fore don't you think? The Long and the short of it (forgive the pun) is that it appears that the good old retail investor has been placed at an unfair disadvantage again! We expect the big players to have better information but knowing what we are going to do before we do it because our information has been sold to them (if I have understood it correctly) cannot be right. Have I understood it correctly? RH lets them know what we are buying and even allows them the chance to fulfil the order?
    Then suddenly when the shorters (their real clients?) start squealing, "issues" further up the chain mean that you can sell but not buy. Anyone here buy that? I thought not.

That was my take from recent revelations. In the past the dark arts have remained dark. This enlightenment will have ramifications and at least I expect to see a wave of brokers who are aimed at the retail market come out with "we don't share your data with anyone" straplines. Whether we get any meaningful legislation or legal actions remains to be seen. I just hope that prison sentences and billion dollar fines are at the end of it. Don't hold your breath though.
    Even so, I would not want to be a RH shareholder over the next 12 months, or others who have done similar. Who will be shorting the shorters?

As for us, we are at crunch time. Next news good or bad will significantly affect short term price. If we have to do a CR (I still don't think it will be necessary) then I hope that the company will (unlike last time) be fair to the little guy and allow us to fill the order first.
    Look at potential dilution this way. Compare 12 months ago when I started investing (well actually 11) to now. Now we have a Heart market some say 4 x larger than previously thought. We have a exciting market in ARDS and a platform therapy for many other diseases. (there is a great chart on HC somewhere that lists all these potential uses). The science has discovered the "sweetspot" and the success now rests on time and imo time alone.

In summary we are going to be many time bigger than I thought 11 months ago. So let's have a little perspective, imo we are undervalued whatever happens next.
    Regards
    Yelrom

Last edited by yelrom: 02/02/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
99.0¢
Change
0.010(1.02%)
Mkt cap ! $1.130B
Open High Low Value Volume
99.5¢ $1.02 98.5¢ $5.507M 5.501M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 9996 99.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
99.5¢ 18069 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.