PDN 3.75% $9.75 paladin energy ltd

Market likes the street talk, market also priced this to...

1. 13,113 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 392
    Market likes the street talk, market also priced this to fail......shorts to sizzle today

Copy from Google

Quote AFR http://www.copyright link/street-ta...-kordamentha-in-advisory-role-20161204-gt3uw6

"Paladin Energy shares have been looking sick for more than five years, but since the company flagged delays to the sale of a stake in its flagship uranium mine the stock has been positively radioactive.
    Paladin shares have now lost more than 98 per cent of their value since the Fukushima nuclear meltdown sent uranium prices plummeting in 2011.
    UBS last week told investors that going into administration was now "a real risk" for Paladin, but Street Talk can reveal the miner has engaged KordaMentha to help stave off that threat.
    It is understood KordaMentha's work with Paladin is not, however, in an insolvency capacity. Instead, KordaMentha has secured an advisory role, and particularly around helping the uranium miner negotiate with bondholders ahead of a key debt maturity date in April 2017.
    Trying to refinance with some of the biggest bondholders could give the miner a temporary reprieve.
    The company is estimated by UBS to be losing $US40 million per year currently, and with $US212 million worth of convertible bonds due to mature next April, it seems only a sale of a stake in the Langer Heinrich mine can save the company's balance sheet.
    Paladin has recently tried to sell a 24 per cent stake to subsidiaries of China National Nuclear Corporation (CNNC) for $US175 million, but CNNC appears to be taking the view that it will be able to buy the mine a lot cheaper if it waits for Paladin to hit the wall.
    Paladin will also continue trying to find a buyer for the Langer Heinrich stake too, but Chinese firms appear the most likely buyers, given the middle kingdom is one of the few nations building new nuclear power capacity.
    More than anything, Paladin needs the Japanese government to restart its nuclear power reactors, but the pace of restarts has been slower than expected, and may never happen."

Md

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PDN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$9.75
Change
-0.380(3.75%)
Mkt cap ! $2.915B
Open High Low Value Volume
$9.87 $9.90 $9.68 $25.76M 2.638M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 25000 $9.74

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$9.76 1000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 29/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PDN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.