APT 0.00% $66.47 afterpay limited

Doesn't appear you've really crunched any numbers (acting on...

1. 287 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 11
    Doesn't appear you've really crunched any numbers (acting on emotions perhaps??). APT currently have a 2.2m Aus user base and will report about a $5m net profit for 2018, for an average loan size of $150 we are talking $5m profit on $330m in loans, that IS low margin.
    On that simple metric alone even if next year they grow a 20m US user base (more unlikely than likely), we are looking at a net profit of MAYBE $50 mil next year as an absolute MAX (you get similar numbers of you calculate it properly, i.e. $150 average loan, 10% defaulting, APT makes 15% per defaulted client per year). To support it's current $3Billion valuation the market is pricing not only achieving that, but DOUBLING earnings YEAR after YEAR, reaching 300million in only 3 years before maturing (I've run these numbers with a discount rate of 11% and terminal growth of 2.8%).
    Anyone long APT is in a negative EV trade. Wouldn't be surprised if this halved or even 1/3 in the coming months once market properly digests earnings trajectory, even in the case this is a solid company - you'll be able to get in cheaper.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add APT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.