SGH 0.00% 54.5¢ slater & gordon limited

Short Selling Gross Sales as a Signal?, page-106

1. 13,316 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 168
    Win clients faith back? Huh.

The quality of their legal services has not been brought into questions but rather commercial issues around taking on problematic UK acquisition and ability to turn that ship given what they inherited.

And you ever heard the expression any press is good press, as I bet if you did a brand awareness survey prior to the Quindell acquisition,and do one now, I bet you would find there is significantly higher awareness of the name Slater and Gordon and what they do.

SGH reported that they have not seen any negative impact on client acquisition or existing client business in Australia.

I posted this previously, namely that the biggest concern would be if did not have bank support it then may impact ability to attract clients. That risk is dissipated from May 2nd.

With all due respect I think clients only care about the quality of the legal services provided at this point and who are the best firm to represent them. I don't think that has ever been brought into question. Except for some dumb media articles pre May 2nd announcement suggesting their lawyers may be under pressure to seek early resolution for cases to generate cash flow. Does anybody seriously think management would be saying to their lawyers to do such a thing like this as that would be the quickest way to destroy SGH. It would never happen.
    Last edited by elit: 13/05/16

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.