SGH 0.00% 54.5¢ slater & gordon limited

It never ceases to amaze me how people can become irrational...

1. 1,726 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6
    It never ceases to amaze me how people can become irrational because of what the market is doing. Sometimes it's arguing about why SGH isn't a dead stock and clinging to hopes and dreams. Other times its abandoning your logic for investing because the stock is down.

Investing requires a steel mind that requires one to either hold or abandon their position based on whatever is most sound. Here's how I tend to operate:

- I make a judgement call about the value of a company; is it financially sound, is it likely to have issues, are bankers willing to continue lending etc
    - If the share price goes up or down, it doesn't particularly matter (though I personally pay special attention to trends to try to profit from them).
    - If I begin to question my investment, I ask myself if my original rationale for investing has changed. Would I buy into the stock knowing what I know now? What's changed?

Arguably this allows for one to both ignore short term price movements or change their mind about a stock without becoming irrational and clinging to it.

Let's all become more rational, less emotional, and be nice to one another in debate.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.