BRU 5.68% 8.3¢ buru energy limited

short selling podcast, page-31

1. 13,667 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1290
    Thanks bonehead for those charts/images..they are quite interesting. Its not rocket science to know that shorting can affect a stock price dramatically.

Shorting can turn a chart to the negative. It can damage investor sentiment. It can completely destroy a shareprice by forcing down a stock price and ensuring stops are hit for those with leveraged positions. We have spoken about this previously and it becomes a domino effect. Shorting is used heavily for share price manipulation. It works extremely well when a company faces delays or setbacks. Thats what works against fundamental investors but now the fundamentals have returned. There are no more delays and we are moving forward with Ungani development and exploration. We have endured the pain of 2013 and we are moving on. It's been a good learning curb for me to see what shorting is capable of.

When I read comments such as the following from other sites on the net..see below..

"Went short at 2.04 at 11:30. It appeared to fake out in the morning and return with attitude back through resistance.

It has not corrected down with oil like the other oils given some positive announcements about shipping underway.

Combining a 'sell the news' with the technical fail."

It makes me realise that a number of investors are using charts to depict when resistance levels are being met etc etc and utilising shorting to take advantage of technical analysis. It's all part of the game unfortunately. I just think it's down right wrong. I think it's wrong that large holders such as Macquarie etc can lend their positions out for shorts. Someone is able to sell something they dont even own? It really sucks IMO. Its all about making more money for these large funds/banks. The shorts are clearly losing right now. Short positions are up to 5.16% as of the 10th of Jan.

2014 the year for fundamentals to shine again? BRU the best performing stock in 2014? I think we will come close.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
8.3¢
Change
-0.005(5.68%)
Mkt cap ! $55.72M
Open High Low Value Volume
8.7¢ 8.7¢ 8.3¢ $47.77K 557.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 219000 8.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.7¢ 525485 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.13pm 25/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BRU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.