KAR 2.97% $1.82 karoon energy ltd

Cato you're turning into WebSpyder with your profound statements...

1. 1,694 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 15
    Cato you're turning into WebSpyder with your profound statements and trading focus! IMO, the big risk with KAR (other than the *teeny* question of drilling to establish whats in the ground..) is the next CR which will have to happen in the next 12 months - and probably in H1 of 2013. I reckon they may go for >$100m (they key reasons I was disappointed they couldn't get more cash up front from PR - even in exchange for another 5% of Santos) which if the SP doesn't put on another buck or two in the meantime will probably mean dilution of 20-25m shares. So far one of the metrics in which KAR has really outperformed (and something Swanny and other LT investors rightly put a lot of weight in) is shares on issue. But to have to do the next CR at prices significantly below those 4 years earlier would be disappointing and would start make me question whether KAR is perhaps slightly overreaching at the margin - eg. WA 482P two year work program for instance. Shame really because in a different market KAR would be richly rewarded for its aggressive portfolio building and would be widely touted as another WPL.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.82
Change
0.053(2.97%)
Mkt cap ! $1.458B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.79 $1.83 $1.78 $3.048M 1.690M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
17 40102 $1.82

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.82 43386 10
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.53am 26/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
KAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.