DEG 1.41% $1.08 de grey mining limited

short selling, page-2

1. 626 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 264
    The level of knowledge (or lack of it)exhibited by some on this board is quite amazing .
    Van Eck is the manager of GDXJ (which I own) which is an I share which invests in smaller gold stocks .I saw the other day that GDXJ owned Deg which surprised me, thought they only owned small golds with production ,apparently not .So I guess I have a small investment in Deg ,Fortunately they GDXJ has a lot of quality smaller golds to make up for overpriced DEG.
    It is a two edged sword being part of an index I share ,when gold and gold stocks go up ,more money flows into the fund which then buys up the shares of companies in the index thereby raising the individual prices ,the opposite occurs on the downside thereby increasing volatility .
    Was cruising the internet looking at gold mining news ,saw that an Aussie trading small gold which has around 3 million ounces at a resource in Malaysia and potential for up to 10 million ounces just got a commitment for 300 million ( a royalty type arrangement )from its major investor to update and complete a prior feasibility study and have a plant up and running in 18 months ,some major parts for plant ordered.
    Seems pretty cheap at 30 million dollars ,something like 1% of Degs current value.Very speculative of course but much greater potential for profit than Deg one would think.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DEG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.08
Change
0.015(1.41%)
Mkt cap ! $2.588B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.09 $1.09 $1.07 $21.52M 19.94M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 101100 $1.08

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.08 18723 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
DEG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.