TLS 0.00% $3.61 telstra group limited

Hi AustinNZ and samsavage,ASX short sales are reported each...

1. 178 Posts.
    Hi AustinNZ and samsavage,

ASX short sales are reported each afternoon for the previous day's trading.

You can find the file on the ASX home page (http://www.asx.com.au) right in the middle. It's a link titled "gross short sale report". Just click on it.

The extract below from the ASX home page where the link exists:
    ===========================================
    Short selling update
    On 25 May 2009, ASIC removed the ban on covered short selling of financial securities.

ASX Trading Participants must report their daily gross short sales (PDF 31KB) to ASX and ASX makes available a daily "gross short sale report" (TXT 23KB).
    ======================================================

On another note, if recent reports/roumors about the Future Fund wanting to reduce its TLS holdings are true, that probably explains why in the last month whenever the sp attempted to go higher there were heavy sell orders pushing it back down. Regular short-selling between 25% to 43% in a rising market whilst TLS trades not much higher than its all time lows is unusual. It seems that someone doesn't want TLS to go higher. I don't think all the trading is due to day traders trading in a small range of 4-6 cents.

In the medium to longer term I do like the stock and I think it's going to go up above $4.00. The threat of NBN is non-existent imo. The government and the competitors need TLS to build the NBN. No one else can afford to build it with Telstra as a competitor. The weight of the future fund's holding has a greater impact to the TLS sp than the NBN.

Cheers....

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.61
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $41.71B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.61 $3.63 $3.60 $58.29M 16.13M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
23 728552 $3.61

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.62 100000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 02/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.