STX 2.78% 17.5¢ strike energy limited

Short squeeze party thread, page-278

1. 23,296 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1450
    Hi, I never look at indicators, imo they're a waste of time. All indicators are some derivation of price, time and volume, learn to read the price and volume and you'll beat any indicator out there.

Algos are just another market participant, they aren't special, they have no special powers or anything else, they simply operate according to the rules that a human trader programmed. Their only advantage is speed. By half tick I assume you mean centre point orders? Anyone can trade at the centre point, even Commsec can enable that option for retail traders/investors along with CBOE orders, iceberg orders and a whole host of other order options. So short answer, no I don't consider them in my analysis, the trend is the trend and that is created by the overall weight of the markets buying and selling.

Will STX have an upside blip? Your guess may be better than mine, it's of no interest to me as I'm a trend follower, the trend is down so this stock is short only for me(I personally don't short, it's too hard and there's just no need), otherwise there's more than 2000 other stocks on the ASX to look at. If STX is going to go up in any meaningful way it's most likely going to take months(potentially years) to form a base and be re-accumulated before any sustainable uptrend emerges, the daily wiggles are not a trend ... of course some out of the blue news that the market didn't see coming might change that.

@Danknee the market knows the funnymentals and the market is selling it

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
17.5¢
Change
-0.005(2.78%)
Mkt cap ! $501.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
18.0¢ 18.0¢ 17.0¢ $1.170M 6.732M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
37 1634397 17.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
17.5¢ 617607 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
STX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.