GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

Short Squeeze target price A$7.52

1. 2,848 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 994
    shortman 27Aug.png
    From 17 April 2018 to 6 June 2018, 5.89 million shorts were closed out (together with longs also starting) the SP was up from A$2.80 to A$3.44 (i.e. SP tended to rise by A$0.64 for every 5.89 million shorts closed)

Thus with more than 72.2 million shorts outstanding left to close on market, once the squeeze is fully complete, the SP would rise by A$7.84

So with a closing price before the squeeze at A$2.77, the after-squeeze price would end closer to A$10.61

We should assume shorts will only close down to around 7% outstanding i.e. 43.73 million shorts will be bought back on market, thus SP would rise A$4.75 to reach A$7.52

This would be all using charting and past patterns

But Matt Bohlsen believes a significant re-rate upwards will follow as the Sal de Vida project de-risks (i.e. once the sale completes, and it just did
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...rgentina-from-australias-galaxy-idUSKCN1LC0NO)

"Current analyst consensus estimates for Galaxy Resources is AUD 4.15 or 17% upside. I would assume the analysts have not yet factored in the POSCO deal, as the deal has not yet finalized. Once it finalizes, I would expect a significant target increase closer to AUD 5.00"
    https://seekingalpha.com/article/41...e-vida-project-de-risked-huge-cash-sale-posco

"Catalysts

• Q3 2018 - POSCO deal due to complete. (TICK)
    • Q3 2018 - The FMC lithium IPO should give a boost to Galaxy's SDV project valuation being located nearby.
    • 2018 - Mt Cattlin resource upgrade. James Bay Feasibility Study.
    • 2018/19 - Announcements to commence construction of Sal De Vida.
    • 2020/21 - Sal De Vida production to begin.    "
    So all in all, I'll see everyone at A$5.00 for starters
    -------------------------------------------------------

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.