MSB 5.24% $1.11 mesoblast limited

Much as I would love to see it happen, I very much doubt there...

1. 322 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 149
    Much as I would love to see it happen, I very much doubt there will be any short squeeze any time soon.

Shorters will be betting that MSB will need to raise capital sooner or later. That will be at a discount to market and probably a private placement. They will unwind then, as they did in March 2021. Tehy can then unload as much as they like without driving the SP up. As much of the short exposure was acquired when the SP was around or near $2 (or higher) and given current prices, they can afford to pay a bit of interest to maintain their shorts and wait until then.

Or, if the opportunity arises they jump on a negative sounding announcement, get on to HC with doom and gloom - MSB will go bust any time soon blah blah blah, initiate the sell down with a few more shorts then unload as the retail investors get spooked and line up to sell.

Next time there is a huge negative reaction from tags we haven't heard from much, in response to a "it will take a bit longer than we expected" announcement and the SP heads south, just think back to this little post!

That said, seems to me the shorters hit a fair bit of resistance at $1.10. Risky to run a short raid to try to break that resistance, particularly when the announcements we are getting are showing some progress. There is not a lot to be gained at the moment for them in raising their short exposure - hence the recent lack of short sales in the last week or so and hence the price is drifting higher on small turnover.

But of course - AMOO and DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.11
Change
0.055(5.24%)
Mkt cap ! $1.261B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.05 $1.13 $1.04 $6.781M 6.207M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 43856 $1.11

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.11 66000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.