NRZ 14.3% 0.3¢ neurizer ltd

1. 1,033 Posts.

Thanks for the heads-up Ian!

I visited the Gammon Ranges and the Arkaroola area a few years ago and was blown away by its sheer rugged, untouched beauty.

I knew little about the area, and birders talk a lot about Lyndhurst and the Southern Flinders ranges as good birding spots, but the Gammon Ranges were sensational!

I'd definently recommend birders (or anyone for that matter) to put the Gammon Ranges and Arkaroola on the itinary if they are in the area. (Great bird diversity in general, plus specialties) I'd rate it up there with the Kimberleys and Kakadu as one of the great aussie outback experiences.

I've actually written notes to this affect back in Dec 2005 on a photographic field report on the area. See the Gammon Ranges and Arkaroola sections at the following link:

http://www.peterfuller.com.au/trips/sa/index.html

Its sad to hear that some of the true wilderness areas are about to dissappear at the hands of mining industry, and hopefully this venture can be stopped.

Peter

This fact would just about be enough to have the area as an historic site, as the Manhattan Project was the scientific event that most greatly changed the world. The Mount Painter - Mount Gee is an unique mineralogical province which deserves to be protected. Protection of unique geological/mineralogical sites is a growing movement. Even China is considering World Heritage protection for the 3 Rivers area in the south (perhaps to make up for the 3 Gorges Dam fiasco), so perhaps it is a chance for Australia to take the lead.

Carl Clifford

I would expect there will be very significant demands placed on local water resources, be they surface or sub-terranian, due to the large water needs of the mining operation and the support town.
    (Think about Roxby Downs/Olympic Dam's impacts on the mound springs etc) This too will have significant impacts on local wildlife and flora. Wendy

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NRZ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.3¢
Change
-0.001(14.3%)
Mkt cap ! $6.513M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.3¢ 0.4¢ 0.3¢ $34.29K 11.17M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
68 57072983 0.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.4¢ 7151122 14
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NRZ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.