LYC 1.65% $6.15 lynas rare earths limited

Pleasing to see 2 short term negative hiccups removed.Agreed the...

1. twg
    103 Posts.
    Pleasing to see 2 short term negative hiccups removed.

Agreed the big one is LAMP

Have been following developments closely there, as I
    already hold plenty, but dont want to commit more in case there is delay in Malaysia.

So I ask myself a few questions about what is the cause and chance of delay.

It does seem there is genuine local resistance and obviously oposition politicians & greenies have jumped on this. (check various youtubes)

Local mdedia seems very unfavorable, I havent seen to much support being expressed.

I have expressed my opinion is a politician would rather get elected than anything else, but this case is different in that the consequences of a delay could have some serious REE supply issues. (then try and fix the problem later), than get unelected

In that instance, I wonder whether the govt of Japan would seek to or be able to have any influence on Malaysia, as a bad outcome could really hit Japanese firms very hard?

I note that Julia Gillard promised to assist in assuring REE supply for Japan ( although I dunno how?)

I am very unclear what is the local and political opinion in Malaysia toward the Aust govt and companies, but it has been fractious in the past?

I doubt the fact a 12 year tax concession is a good look.

To some extent its a bit like Gaslands debate, unless peeps are making money out of it directly, they sure as hell dont want it near them

You would also expect some smart connected people in Malaysia would have had the opportunity to invest in the Lynas story early...does anyone know if many Malay S/holders are on the register?

If some horrible stroke of poltical misfortune was to strike,( a worst case scenario is Green balance of power) then I am trying to gauge to what extent this would damage Malaysia business reputation, and the above questions.

Having said all that, I am fairly confident the govt will want it rushed thru as quick as possible, but that LYC is being heavily discounted atm.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.15
Change
0.100(1.65%)
Mkt cap ! $5.748B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.18 $6.37 $6.08 $26.63M 4.279M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 17840 $6.14

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.17 8880 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.