SYR 3.17% 32.5¢ syrah resources limited

Shorters and correct me if I am wrong... My understanding of the...

1. 163 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 21
    Shorters and correct me if I am wrong... My understanding of the process is that they have an agreement with another entity to allow them to trade that entity shares on the market of a specified timeframe and then return the shares to that entity for this they pay a fee to that entity. The Shorters make their money via buying and selling these shares over that period. So if we go back a few months when Syr was $1 and say the shorters pay a fee for 10 million shares (I have seem figures much higher than that in this forum) the shorters then trade for the next 4 months the SP is now 38 cents and it is time to return the shares to the orginal entity. Now initially the shares were worth $10 million current value $3.8 million a loss of $6.2 million. So what incentive is there for the original share owners to continue to offer this arrangement if that was the case. I thought that the Shorters would need to get the shares back to the original SP before the return date otherwise no one would ever enter that arrangement. In saying all this in the last 4 months all the news about Syr has been negative therefore easy to push the SP down so the first time there is good news I would expect the SP to rise quickly for the reasons above. Feel free to enlighten me if I am wrong as I look forward to any constructive discussion.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
32.5¢
Change
0.010(3.17%)
Mkt cap ! $336.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
32.0¢ 33.5¢ 31.5¢ $1.380M 4.243M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 126793 32.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
33.0¢ 209602 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SYR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.