TLX 1.65% $18.48 telix pharmaceuticals limited

It will be interesting to see how future Illucix sales track. A...

1. 2,622 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 424
    It will be interesting to see how future Illucix sales track. A few thoughts.

For the last 18 months/ 6 quarters, Telix' market share has increased by ~1-1.5% per quarter on average. This would be highly irritating to Lantheus, but Pylarify remains the dominant player and I always think it's a bit risky to cultivate a partisan contempt for competitors. These guys are not bunnies, they've done a good job and have a good product. If Telix can keep eating away at that, then great, but there's no suggestion yet that the market is going to suddenly shift to Illucix.

I would, of course, love to be proved wrong here, and for sure I've seen the arguments that Illucix is a better product. But I'd suggest that it's a reasonable possibility that Illucix will level off in the 35-40% market share region. It'll be interesting to see long term how Illucix 2.0 has an impact here too.

Most of the growth is coming from the increase in market size- combined Illucix and Pylarify sales grew to 1.5b last quarter (annualised). TLX has predicted a 2.3b TAM long term. Lantheus has predicted 3b. I find it interesting that both companies think there's growth to be had.

So I contend that, as has been the case for a while, it's overall market growth that will drive sales. On that basis I think ~5-10% growth per quarter should be possible for a little while yet.

On the basis of the optimistic TAMS posited, you could guess Illucix revenues could grow to AUS250-300m per quarter, and that's my "optimistic scenario.". My base case is that Illucix flattens at AUS200m per quarter, and that Zircaix will end up at least matching this in a few years.

That takes TLX to AUS1.6b revenue annually, ~13b market cap, ~$40 share price.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.