Short Term Trading (Australia Day) Weekend Lounge: 25-28 Jan, page-123

1. 2,345 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 39

@ammie probably your magnum opus. You've been un-song hero on the STT here for a long while so it's wonderful to see such high recognition for a terrific post.. I'd give you a 100 TU's but you already have 200 haha

But I would like to re-iterate your....

8. Needing to “keep up” with other traders, (if it makes you emotional or messes up your trading style).
    Others can be a benchmark to measure yourself against but there will always be those who make more than you and those that make less. Trying to keep up can throw you off your own personal trading style and once you’ve lost your strategy, you will be well on the way to losing. Benchmarking can be a positive or negative, depending on how you use it and how it affects you. Don't do it if it makes you emotional as envy, needing to impress etc can lead to more losing trades. Trading is a journey of continual self improvement and if measuring yourself against others, doesn't work for you, just measure your improvement and celebrate your personal improvement. If benchmarking does work for you and pushes you to do better, ignore this point and go for it.

Summed up beautifully and I think your 'self Improvement' also links in to @minoil 's point about dignity.... It's a game, it's a caper and most of us hopefully have had some good times lately but it can still bring out the best and the worst in all of us.. Damn I still make mistakes, who doesn't!

I don't want to jump on something late but Jas if you're still here or around try and take the high road and do the impossible and dare to win back the STT respect - yes you might feel bruised but pick yourself up and pay it forward... Anyway not for me to really say as I'm a proverbial fence sitter who just likes to waffle on and there have probably been far better posts on this from many fine individuals.... But GL to you sir...

But speaking of such standout STT folk - due to terrible reception/Wifi here in the Cook's this weekend & other threads have crashed more times than I can remember, @Madmin mods any ideas - I've tried chrome and safari but maybe the wife's IOS is old??

Anyways like @Nodferatu it would appear I have a lot of catching up to do and look forward to getting back into the swing when I'm back in OZ in a few days... Have a good weekend all I'll have a beer or many to celebrate even though I'm a day behind!!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.