Lambraethanks for the call out and supplying the outfit. Without...

1. 2,834 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2381
    Lambrae

thanks for the call out and supplying the outfit. Without it, I would have only had my own bond suit, but maybe my style of bondish wouldn't have been so appropriate. Anyway, hope you've left some grog. I suppose all the martini is gone. Never mind.

Well now, what to discuss. Religion and politics being off the table - unfortunately - so what's left of importance in this world? You see, not discussing them can be even more aggravating. Got ya !

Just a minute, got to get a drink. Something for the occasion.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2002/2002609-871665669d05f290e541b77190223578.jpg

2020 is off to a good start. Moved the mob back from Viet last year and have settled into God's own country. Havn't lived here in donkeys, so nice to be 'home.' Still missing Freo, but will get over it. Malaga is holding the fort, so all's in good hands. Hope he finds some time to return to trading.

Looking back over the recent years of trading, has proven a mixed bag for me. LKE was my biggest win, and SYT my loss. Nothing remarkable in between. More recently, missed out on MTC with its new beginnings in gold, which was a disappointment considering it owed me from its less successful lithium days. NHL (TD1) and BIT have sparked up the account, and expecting much, much more form BIT. Watch this space. Have re-entered in BGT recently. Not expecting it to drag out so much this time. Apart from these, I'm too busy in the bat cave to explore new stocks.

Biotron has caught my attention though, and not just for the latest hype on the pesky virus. Finally their HIV work will come to fruition soon with partnership/buyout. Well, that's my take on it. Their results are quite outstanding, so just need the world to come around to my way of thinking. Don't know what's taking them so long........

Anyway, for a conversation starter, the virus is quite topical. Seems like it's getting a hold in Sth Korea, Iran, and even Italy, my old haunt. One case in Piedmont already, so I hope my mountains stay clear.

So while everyone is a little sloshed and slipping off, I'll try to keep the party going with a few general thoughts on the damn new bug.

Firstly, everyone has an opinion these days on everything. Thank God that democracy has prevailed in our part of the little world enabling our thoughts to be public as we'd like them to be. It does come though with some regrets, if fake news is any measure. Ironic that Uncle Putin from the non free world is the generator of most of it.

What's this got to do with the bug? I wrote a piece about it on HC news in January suggesting that we'll have a pandemic soon. Haters were in abundance. The point is, not the idea that seems to be coming true, but what critics use as evidence.

One of my main points was the asymptomatic attribute and the unique dimension this will bring for containment. Where's the evidence was the main response. Fark me I thought, being logical is obviously a relative affair. The virus was spreading at an unprecedented rate, experts were stating carriers were asymptomatic, and the conclusion should be obvious. Not so in the wonderful domain of free speech.

Anyway, not all is obvious to everyone and this is not new. I remember when the great medieval philosopher/theologian, Aquinas, was asked by a friend why he wrote the book, Summa contra Gentiles (Summary for the Gentiles), and he replied that not everything is obvious to everyone. People really don't change throughout the ages. Only some of their their ideas do, but not the way in which they support or deny them.

So, corona. Do you know that Biotron is sitting in just as good as anyone to develop an antiviral. No need to quote that UoQ has 'made' a vaccine today. That's a different topic and I'm a true Socratic: when we're talking about one thing, talk about that and not another.

BIT actually commenced work on corona viruses back in 2003 when SARS was in full swing and they published in 2004 and 2006. When the virus was contained, their work never stopped, but was deflected towards HIV. This was not a random decision, but the continuation of their work on RNA viruses that both HIV and CoV belong to. More specifically, in this early work they made a discovery regarding the small E protein that eventually lead to a US Patent publication in December 2019. How convenient. Biotron have compounds that are very likely to be very effective on this bug. Their patent says so if you want to extrapolate a little from what hey have and what COVID-19 is. But if you're skeptical, keep in mind my above paragraphs.

Anyway, I'm sure those interested will do their research. I have done a considerable amount. Enough to make me very optimistic.

I can feel some wiser souls coming to my rescue, but too late, I'm bitten.

Now, where did I put that bottle.

Happy birthday to us all !

Last edited by Batmansdaughter: 23/02/20

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.