Gidday Val and thanks for all the work over the years. I must...

1. 2,802 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2308
    Gidday Val and thanks for all the work over the years. I must admit I'm a very seldom reader of the thread these days, but that's only because I'm a lost soul.

As for the pesky virus, it was the Doherty Institute that cloned it last month (first outside China), while UoQ are working on a vaccine with the first batch made today and will go into animal trials immediately. Still many months away from completion.

Biotron gained access to the clone and have several labs testing their small molecules in vitro. What may seem quite a long shot, is actually not so. They have achieved amazing results with their main drug candidate on HIV, and it is the same technology that they're are testing on COVID. If you read their Patent, you'll see that they have achieved just as much on CoV strains (SARS and other human strains) as they have with HIV. Of course, they havn't done as much human testing with their CoV compounds as they've done with HIV, but a lot of the work carries over and will do so especially in this case under the circumstances, just as Gilead's Remdesivir is being fast tracked in China after non completion of trials in the US. (Remdesiver was designed for Ebola, whereas Biotron's molecules are specifically for corona viruses).

I'm expecting to hear initial results in the very near future, like last Friday, but that's just me.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.