That ebola outbreak was in a remote part of the jungle, not sure...

1. 6,412 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1626
    That ebola outbreak was in a remote part of the jungle, not sure if it's been contained but also hadn't heard anything else since.

Had seen a news report that said a Copper mine in the DRC recently stopped because of violence break-out and there's been a lot of reports of the violence escalating there, not sure how that affects some of the Lithium and Cobalt plays over there in the short term.

Demand though for batteries is increasing and only going to increase with electric Buses, trucks, vans, cars, home storage. How that translates to the stocks though is a different story, as others have noticed for a while now the market no longer reacts the same way it used to with Lithium stocks and even some Cobalt.

Haven't posted much here as like some others took a bit of a break and only kept a few stocks for longer holds and dabbled in and out of some.

Good example today for me with RMX not going ahead with their lithium project, re-affirmed what a lot of us here advocate and we've had many discussions in this thread over which is trading the trends, taking profits and free-carrying. Something I've often discussed and what most of us do, which is trading the trend to reduce your risk and taking profits, get to the point of free-carry or close to, so when things don't go your way you've at least reduced any loss or simply taken a hit on profits made on the stock or others, still have capital and move on to researching the next stocks or staying cash until something good comes along.

Was interesting to see how the views on the STT dramatically dropped from March to June compared to November to Feb, was like a ghost town here sometimes, was comforting in aspects as it showed it was affecting the broader market and wasn't just me lol.

So it was a good time to take somewhat of step back, not a complete break but just not forcing trades and to reflect on my trading plan and strategies to adjust or alter anything if needed, which I think is required every so often as the markets are constantly changing and just been one of those transitional periods.

Was good to reflect on my trading journal and notes, to remind myself of my own rules and such and one key thing was how trading for me is about ideas, when things stop working one way you need new ideas to keep progressing forward, sometimes a good idea can go a bit stale and needs refreshing as it may no longer work completely in current market conditions.

Now to get back into a bit more research and get back into the swing of things.

Saw a post on top 5 sectors; For me still on Lithium, Cobalt, Tech as the main 3, Zinc is on the radar and Vanadium but need to do more research.

Hopefully the new FY brings us all some good gains.

Sorry for the long post, was only meant to be a quick one and turned into a little essay lol

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.