Hi guys,How is everyone going?my duplex build was put on hold as...

1. 710 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 200
    Hi guys,

How is everyone going?

my duplex build was put on hold as a result of lock downs in Sydney, so having to deal with material shortage and a anti vaxer builder, it was a very stressful situation and had to spend money on some love letters to the builder to get him back and since then it has been some slow work. I will try and post some photos later.

What is everyone buying these days? I am still holding most of my holdings as I have a big asset income coming in this financial year and those stocks that are in negative could be sold later if they dont come into positive territory.

I have been looking at renewables, stocks that are to do with lithium and the such. Problem is there is a lot of speculative stocks in this category. Look at NVX which is a prefect example of speculation. I sold them last year losing some money and look at where it is now. Purely on speculation and no real money coming in.

I think moving forward the R/R should be focused on either renewables and or energy stock but it would be interesting to see which ones provide a more solid and less speculative value.

My other attention is towards asset heavy stocks. I made a reasonably healthy profit on SYD. Still haven't sold and if it wasnt for their unintelligent management I would have made more money.

What is everyone thinking about Transurban or other asset heavy stocks that could lend themselves into a take over bid?

Well Material shortage at present reins supreme. I know of builders who have sold off the plan months / years ago and are now trying to get out of their contract because the cost of both material and labour has gone up so much that they are not making any money.

While it may well be transitory due to supply chain issues, in the short term it may well cause havoc and I would imagine material producers or those in shipping industry could either get hit or benefit depending on what part of the supply chain they sit on.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.