XAO 0.59% 7,944.2 all ordinaries

Comes down to finding your style I guess.I haven't tried coding...

1. 2,007 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 968
    Comes down to finding your style I guess.
    I haven't tried coding on incredible charts don't know if its possible tbh

Parameters I look for
    1. Price (or MC which some softwares permit)
    2. Volume (1.2x your 10 or 20 day average volume): Shows interest is there
    3. Price pushing up X %, and closing in upper half of the days range: Shows demand is there and it isn't being sold into. 
    4. Moving averages (usually MA 5 > MA 20): So the most recent 5days action trend is likely up. 
    5. Price Range: Any code which dictates price hasn't dropped > X % in last 20days, so its forming a base. X will dictate how tight this range is.

More parameters you can add depending on what you like, maybe worth considering
    6. Price < MA20 x 1.2 : means price isn't too stretched and in early stages of a break so that it isnt 20% above 20DMA.
    7. Volume X VWAP > 100k: Means $100k has been traded through the day, showing there is significant $$ interest and liquidity. 
    etc. etc. 

Upto the individuals style really. 

Trading-view makes it a little more simple to scan, you just pick the parameters you want and doesn't require coding. Coding just allows better customisation to scan and fit your strategies. Both PRT and Tradingview (and most broker platforms) have default scanners available you can use however.
    Then there is API's which is even more advanced which I don't know how to use yet.

Goodluck mate

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XAO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.