Short Term Trading Week Starting: 08 Nov, page-30

1. 11,519 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 672
    There was one a few years ago re shares. Bloke said he was from the new york stock exchange and asked to speak to a colleague of mine. Gave him the usual nonsense about how great these shares were and how much money he could make etc etc. My colleague said he had a credit card with only a limit of $50,000.00 and would that be enough until he could clear the balance then he'd get another $50,000.00. Very politely asked him if he wouldn't mind holding on whilst he went and got his wallet. We just placed him on hold. About half an hour later the scammer phoned back, I've been holding for ages, is there a problem. By this stage everyone knew , he'd been put on speaker, and we all just burst out laughing. We had numerous lines into the business and they for the next couple of days occupied every single line. Telstra were useless at the start, different matter when the police got involved, and only then did it stop. My elderley neighbours bank accounts were emptied by someone who said he was with microsft, got access to his computer. The fact that they are still trying it on must mean that some are falling for it.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.