Agree with you on some points . It is not just the pattern - but...

1. 3,625 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 139
    Agree with you on some points . It is not just the pattern - but the positioning of the pattern that matters often. What has happened before the pattern. Some patterns are indicative of a change of trend about to happen - so it you get that pattern at the bottom all good - but at a top = disaster . I trade a formula rather than a pattern. But in essence it is the same thing - a formula is the completion of a complex pattern . I work out that formula on completed charts - and the consistency is accurate, I find on completed charts . But to apply the formula to predictive charts - it needs constant tweeking. It is like the cup and handle pattern - there are a lot of patterns that look like the cup and handle pattern , but they aren't , they are missing some vital indicators . And that is what I figure needs tweeking in my formulas. What are the vital indicators ? Where am I missing it ? My formula looks good on completed charts - so I don't see bot interference - with the patterns I look for at least . The STT comp doesn't always give an accurate assessment of whether your strategies or patterns are working, due to all the severe pullbacks that happen in a rise, shake outs after a completed pattern, and the limited time frame for 25% - it probably picks up the daytrading sharp rises better than an uptrending short term rising stock.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.