short term trading week starting - 12th may, page-17

1. 17,384 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 197
    I dont full time trade but believe you will need more than just stock investment in your arsenal if you were to do full time . ie Forex ,foreign exchange derivatives etc To be able trade the market full time .

By full time im thinking everyday you are trading? Without having alternative trading tools it could be incredibly boring without places like hotcopper .

I dont use conditional orders but i think if you were doing full time you would have to use them to allow you capital management away from the screen . Use alerts if need be .

About the promising spec stocks? Its a reasonable strategy if you allow your profits to run and cut your losses short . ie one good winner could smash all your losses if you can get the right one.

Try your investment strategy in the short term competition. I find taking profit perhaps the hardest part of making a trade.

Plenty of alternatives to comsec the platforms will take sometime to get used to as they have ooodles of gadgets etc and heaps of fine print to read . A lot have trial platforms for free .

Lots to explore out there and i would be undisciplined one for advice but finding those gems to trade full time is not easy as the market has so many different stages .The day traders do a remarkable job of what they do if successful imo.

Stick with the thread some really good advice comes through here and its not in long winded posts like mine but in little few worded posts that hit home imo.

Only an opinion piece but you will always go further by asking for help than not .

Is buying a bunch of promising spec stocks and just sitting on them until they 'boom' or bust a viable investment strategy?

No . Having a dividend stream from a balanced portfolio is. .The end result to play the specs comfortably.

http://www.asx.com.au/asx/research/findABroker.do

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.