Short Term Trading Week Starting: 12th Sept, page-230

1. 4,708 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 197
    Thanks I'll have a look at XEC. My main questions were generic on shells and how they used to be played or how they do now. I guess some is assumed knowledge for those already all over it but for the rest of us new to the game I thought it would be interesting to enquire how shells usually trade and/or how people then use appropriate trading strategies to make money over the short term.

@Techmeister mentioned 2 main strategies. By #1 - 'trading the trend' what exactly is the trend with shells on relisting? Do they generally breakout once relisted or due to the market not understanding that the shell is now engaged in a different business to its past, and the subsequent re-rate? Or is there more money to be made prior to the RTO being completed by targetting potential 'shell' companies?

#2 I assume falls into what i mentioned above, picking a shell that has been reborn and hasn't been re-rated yet i.e. market doesn't know the new business that has emerged?

That said if private companies RTO list into shells how does one usually assess performance and potential - are they usually required to provide prior historical financials upon RTO'ing?

@mouse haha yeah, I think it would be too much to bear to see you pour that into a Bolognese sauce. that said Dan murphys always seems to be throwing out the $4.95-9.95% bottles of red in their discount bins, perfect for those occasions

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.