Hello STT experts, A quick question and an advice needed if you...

1. 321 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 480
    Hello STT experts,

A quick question and an advice needed if you guys don't mind.

Question: can I re-tip an expired tip submitted by me in the past? it's showing up as a win under my name in the leader board, so not sure whether that's allowed and if allowed is it considered unethical by the community? Tried looking through the rules, but couldn't find a definitive answer.

Advice:
    if you are
    - making paper profits on your LT holds in your personal account (i.e. not in a trust or a company)
    - and expecting > 50% retrace on these paper profits
    - but half way through your 12 months CGT discount period

Do you usually choose to take profits and pay the tax man, or prefer to ride out the volatility and stick for the 12 month period, hoping you'll be at this point again after 12 months?

Apologies for the loaded question, totally understand there are huge number of other variables at play here, including the companies in question, macro factors, personal situations, tax brackets, micro/small/med/large caps etc. But, for the sake of simplicity, assume all of these as constants is that makes sense.

Definitely not seeking any financial or tax advice; I've already made my mind on what I do, but interested in how other STT players operate, and learn from your experience.

Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by buddi: 15/09/21

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.