XAO 0.35% 8,039.9 all ordinaries

Short Term Trading Week Starting: 14 Jan, page-5

1. 10,734 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 549

Hi @Lambrae - we went through a bit of a process to try and work out some comp rules. In the end, I just went for the simplest way to run it, so the winners for the quarterly comp are judged on the SP as at 29 March. For the 2019 yearly one, it will be the highest SP during the year. And for the 2018/2019 yearly financial year one, it is the SP at 28 June. 

I know Freehold's competition was infinitely better but unfortunately that is gone. And I definitely know that these could be better but I was going for something simple but still a competition. Having the same start point also will work against a lot of tipsters. Regardless of the "official" results, you can measure your own success however you want. We were just trying to invigorate STT and also to generate tips that the forum can then look into for themselves if they want.

Even though Freehold's competition is history, you can still keep posting tips. Once they're posted, they're documented so you can always point back to them and claim victory and you can keep measurements for yourself. It's just that we can't do that automatically for everyone anymore. Maybe once the new HC is pretty much bug-free, we can lobby HC to do something automatic for us. Just a thought.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XAO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.