There maybe some sort of correction but imo we don't have enough...

1. 7,746 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 156
    There maybe some sort of correction but imo we don't have enough lithium to supply 20-30% ev market penetration.

Here are the numbers:

Current global new car sales: 100 mill pa

At lest 5 Countries have put a plan to end fossil fuel cars by 2040

China being one of them and has 40 mill new cars sold pa

So let's say to reach there goal of no fuel cars, market penetration would need to be at lest 10% by 2022 and grow from there.

10 mill EV's would also need 20% of batteries keeped as spare parts.

12 mill x 42kg of ltc per car ave = 504 mill of ltc x ratio of mine product to ltc at 1:8 = 5 billion kg a year needed or 500 k ton of lithium to be mined.

The number's stacks up.. this not hype. I haven't included any commercial cars , trucks ect ( have a look at BYD busses ). my prediction is also not only home batteries will grow, but most of your products at home will end being cordless, ie kettle, mower, hairdryer ect.. the avarge home will have about 1 kg of ltc in products now with phones tablets computers ect..

Pull backs will come and go as people like profits but this story is still in it's infancy and we are going to need a shit load more of lithium.

Finally, when i called in 2016 that we would have a major li run towards mid to late 2017 as supplyers would want to lock in what they canget there hands on, i simply was forward looking..

And that's what the market is doing in Li.. looking forward

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.