Short Term Trading Week Starting: 15 Jan, page-311

1. 1,649 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 50
    Afternoon.

took a bath today.

I did however pick up on an interesting anomaly that others may find interesting and perhaps profitable:

CZI have a JV with oz minerals OZL. Oz minerals have recently committed to stage 2 of the JV which was 19 million spend to earn in 51% of their West Musgrave (copper/nickel/cobalt) project. This amount was given in a few of CZI announcements and presentations last year. In OZL quarterly today they gave a roundup on the project in question. Ill paste it at the end. In this they state that they will be spending 20-30 million in FY18 exploration and have already spent 2.4M. I think this is greatly significant as CZI current market cap is only 20million. Best case scenario from info given, this year a 32.4mill spend on the project. Thats around 80% more than the amount that has been given in the past and is vastly more than their market cap. Interesting.

Disclosure: i hold and didn't/won't buy any more in light of my findings today however i find it encouraging.

OZL quarterly excerpt:
    WEST MUSGRAVE PROJECT
    The West Musgrave project moved to Pre-Feasibility Study (PFS) during the quarter, following completion of the Scoping Study that demonstrated an investable base case for Nebo-Babel with upside potential through resource conversion. The Scoping Study examined a range of project scale options and management of technical risks, delivering positive economic outcomes for a large, low cost mine. The PFS will focus on improving metallurgical recoveries, lower cost non-process infrastructure and resource conversion to extend mine life within the current pre-production capital profile. An exploration program will also focus on the wider regional potential, including the One Tree Hill prospect and the Succoth copper deposit. In order to streamline the next phase of the project, OZ Minerals will manage the PFS. Our joint venture partner, Cassini Resources, will continue to manage on-ground activities associated with the PFS and the regional exploration program Investment into West Musgrave for 2018 will be $20 - $30 million which will achieve the required spend to earn-in to 51 per cent of the project. Expenditure for Q4 on the West Musgrave project was $2.4 million.

CZI november announcement excerpt RE the Joint Venture:
    • OZ Minerals proceeding to next stage of Earn-in Agreement (OZ Minerals can earn 51 per cent of the Project by spending $19 million within 18 months)

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.