Short Term Trading Week Starting: 15 Jan, page-87

1. 24,192 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5565
    If so this would be the 3rd attempt, successful maybe or maybe not ... two prev false starts on Vanadium sector /renewable energy related rallies already. I did a lot of research into the V205 market at the time for the 1st two rallies only to find fundamentals were still underdone and thought we were 1-5 years away .

The last Vanadium false start was triggered in 2017 by some plants being temp closed in China by Govt due to environment issues this sparked a mini rally in V205 price in China and Europe which triggered a rally in OZ V205 players ... but which then collapsed in on it self a few weeks later as no other bullish news could be found. Some were saying /hoping (including me) that the long awaited and much anticipated Vanadium new energy related rally was here and starting ... but the fact of the matter was it had not. So temp plant closures combined with an uptick in Fe demand in china (V205 needed for steel production) was the cause.

So for confirmation of a long term rally I would want to see some solid and sustainable FA reason related to new energy to justify continued interest and Vanadium rally like seen with Lithium/Cobalt. Like a exponentially massive and sustained demand increase due to accelerating rollout of vanadium flow batteries.

If this is not forthcoming then it will collapse in on itself in a week or a few weeks... Or at best be a slow burn up trend on the back of increased demand for Steel.

But by all means "trade the trade" if the rally is there be it sustained or not. Just be ready to bail if the "big renewable energy demand expectation " is not met with reality just yet.
    Last edited by Freehold: 15/01/18

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.