Short Term Trading Week Starting: 16 Mar, page-82

1. 17,280 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 196
    Whats the threads thoughts on Australia going into lock down ?

Myself i think the sooner the better as we will anyway have to at some stage to have a control on a virus .

Most of the more advanced pandemic countries have had to do this after it started going ballistic kind of .

Yeh sure we maybe bit more spread out country but our cities are still there with heaps of people and its the fact the virus is so contagious is the worry !

I dont know but understand sometimes its best going early if you know it has a pretty good chance you will be in lock down anyway sometime in the future.

Would hate being the decision maker but for business for work and peoples lively hoods a drawn out process to what will happen anyway will be even worse if we dont do it early imo .

I kind of have the feeling the populace knows we are going have to do it at some stage if they are following it closely as the only way we can protect our peoples health .

No cure not enough places to treat people when they get ill even in a modern world with all our advancements with a highly contagious virus even if the vast majority would survive you would drag everything down in a slow process anyway ?

Know one knows for sure how their own body will react if they get the virus !

But even if you were to say be carefree about it and have no fear of it the impacts of the safety net for any other health issue comes to mind if your health system is in overload .

So you break your arm out riding the motor bike and want get into emergency treatment the waits will be longer as well .

Im all for early lock down as i think if we protract it out for what will probably have do anyway better cut the losses short and be on the right side of the trend .

The health of the nation is the paramount issue .

Money is secondary . And without a healthy nation the money wont happen anyway .

Short term pain for long term gain comes to my thinking .

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.