XAO 0.79% 8,075.2 all ordinaries

@ @VVX565I am 100% in agreement that trying to call the...

1. 837 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 42

@ @VVX565

I am 100% in agreement that trying to call the direction of the market atm is unnecessary, frustrating and self deluding quite often. Let the price action talk to you and have a plan of action if a buy or sell signal in your own methodology is triggered.

Very few at 9.30 am today would have said that the XJO would be up exactly 1% at 4 .00 pm,  after the Friday decline in Aust. and big sell off in the US.

I still believe that Radx is overly pessimistic about equities and IMO a 25 basis point raise by the FED this week, and then an outlook report that hints at few if any rises in 2019 will trigger a very strong rally in the US. Probably no new all time highs, but somewhere close, is quite a possibility.

I am still long equities and not prepared to short this market as it is at relatively low levels right now. P/E ratios are about where they should be, and business confidence in Aust. is reasonably high. The residential market is obviously going to go lower, and it will have some fallout.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XAO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.