XAO 1.25% 7,800.4 all ordinaries

What are your thoughts on the nickel rise lately Bosco. My...

1. 24,192 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5565
    What are your thoughts on the nickel rise lately Bosco. My research of the last few weeks leads me to believe that the current upthrust in nickel prices is due, to some degree, to the declining stockpiles world of Ni but more to do with speculation that the Indo govt threaten to bring forward a mandate to force upstream processing to be done onshore in Indo, instead of currently shipping ore offshore to be processed. This I believe was slated to happen 2021-22 but as the rumor goes a prominent Indo politician hinted that it "may" come much sooner. I think Indo produces approx 8% of worlds nickel.

Also that expected new energy demand (Nickel in batteries of 6,2,2 & 8,1,1 and later 9.5 .5.5 Batteries where the big number is nickel content of a battery ) is still some way off. So my concern being if the Nickel price rise is sustainable on the back of the that speculation in Indo, Time will tell I guess . There is no doubt that inventories held are declining however but question is are they at a point low enough to drive a strong and sustained bull in Ni prices.... IMHO ... maybe but not conclusive just yet. I have been doing some Ni sector play research and I like you pick by the way.

Cheers Fh.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XAO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.