XAO 0.02% 8,012.1 all ordinaries

I remember the thumbs down button before HC removed it. It...

1. 8,720 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 81
    I remember the thumbs down button before HC removed it. It created a lot of angst because there would be battles between groups of posters and people would end up getting upset if they received negative thumbs balances. I think the idea to get rid of it was to keep things positive and so having only the thumbs up button meant you would either get thumbs up or not, but no negative aspersions cast if there were posters "attacking" you with thumbs down.

While something like a thumbs button has a good intention (an easy way to give recognition of a good post), unfortunately when it comes to mob behaviour people will use something intended to be good and twist it to suit their own ends.

At the end of the day, thumbs shouldn't be a focus of attention (its just a distraction), the quality/content of a post and the way a poster conducts themselves online should be, and true respect gained from others is not represented by thumbs, its represented by how others respond to you, just like in real life.

Cheers, Sharks

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XAO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.