Short Term Trading Week Starting: 20 November, page-213

1. 3,529 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 249
    LG22

I write this reluctantly as I don't want to be any more an 'outsider' then necessary, and also because you do make some valid points in questioning SHO. But my focus is not so much the stock, but your response to it's chief supporter here.

Yes, his approach seems a bit full, but at least it comes with information, unlike 'rampers' who occassionallyy turn up with far less, and as such, maybe more tolerance, or a softer critique is warranted. Specificallly, you commence with that insinuation about 'vested interests beyond just holding,' as you did with me too. I wonder what would have happened in my case if there wasn't atleast one reliable witness prepared to correct your sentiment. This type of approach should not be taken lightly, and I politely request that you refrain from it without supporting evidence other than a 'nagging' poster. I should add that I don't hold any grudge regarding the above incident, as I highly respect your ability, and accepted your retrace - thanks to my valid supporter - but I hope it doesn't continue as your first line of questioning in such cases.

Regarding your general sentiment on ASX tech stocks, may I say that I think you are over playing it a little, based on the following. As much as there have been some dismal tech attempts on the ASX (what exchange is free from this) there have also been many very successful, and more importnatly, the reasons that foreign tech companies are choosing to list here is worthy of more consideration than what your sentiment is trying to convey. BUD and SYT, just to name two, managers would be reading your sentiment with dismay, as they have very good reason for their listings. It would be apt to be considerate of these reasons and be promoting them, not degenerating the with a blanket sentiment. Less knowledgeabe readers may have their early enquiries dampened significantly by such remarks from an experienced trader as yourself. Maybe you could try the approach of giving some proper reason for your sentiment, which I'm sure you have plenty, even if I'm inviting a response that may just ignore the good stuff.

An important point to consider in your poor sentiment of ASX tech stocks, is the fact that the number of successes here are far more than US tech start-ups, relatively speaking. As such, your sentiment requires further justification. This is probably the case for other exchanges too, but you may know more because for your sentiment to be truly sound, you would be aware of other cases. Maybe the Isreali start-ups coming here are good example to show further reason for migration here.

Regarding SHO's claims, even though not the focus of this post, you are right in suggetsing that their 1 billion users by Christmas is a bit rich, as there can't possibly be two new ASX listed tech stocks at the same time worthy of such achievments .

Anyway, enough from this near greenhorn in trying to unsettle the applecart. Please accept my post as rhetorical if you choose .

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.